I just wanted to give a shout out to Sean's old blog. Seems apropos during a rare two-day layoff between games. Get these teams back on the ice please.
Your Friday slate of news:
Paging Keith Ballard...
- Record scratch: is Malhotra's miracle chance at returning already over?
- Since late April, Luongo has strung together 10 wins and a .941 save percentage. Trade the bum.
- All hail Jank.
- I can't tell if this is a good endorsement or not.
- Toss in Horton and this must be an annoying Final to watch for Panthers fans.
- Probably the guy with the most Cup experience on the team's management and we rarely hear about him.
- Vancouver aims to beat Boston at 5v5. If you check the scoring chances for game one, that's exactly what happened.
- Kesler: favorite of the hockey snob. (there's more than a few mistakes in this one, but so be it).
- Boychuk has been on the ice for the last seven goals against Boston. As we said in the game thread: we love him and want the Sedins to hang out with him at all times.
- Ahh...Hamhuis "deserved" to be injured. At least Boston's media is just as batshit insane sometimes as Vancouver's. Kumbayah.
- Why Tomas Kaberle doesn't suck as much as others may have you think.
- Behind the Rask: he saw Hangover 2 but didn't say if he liked it. Honestly, is it any good?
- Jovocop once called Andrew Ference a tree hugger. What, no ball tug?
- In case you (anyone?) cares what Marty Turco's reaction to game one was.
- Good news old timers: there is hockey life after 30.
- The Green Men now have a cocktail and special meatballs.
- The Chara Strategy by Sir Damien of Coxshire.
- Just in case you see anyone wearing a ridiculously over-sized Canucks jersey.
- The NY Times spots a Mountie and understands the Cup Final is on the teevee.
- The NHL still can't get on ESPN.
Brad Richards will be on the move again. Go East young man. Please.
- Will the CBA include robots soon?
- Off topic: The Legend of Zelda, a piano and a violin. Embrace it.