I've been up since 3:00 AM PT buzzing still from the puck with eyes that found Bieksa and no one else. How prophetic was Mike Gillis just ten days ago when he said: "I think you put yourself in a position to try to kick the door open as much as you can. Sometimes you get a lucky break that propels you forward or you get a bad break that stops you."
The battle for the four biggest wins of their lives is ahead, but for now fans crack open a smile. It's been a long time coming.
- The team talked about what this means for Sami Salo.
- Considering this will probably be his last NHL series, a look back at Salo's career.
- Bieksa's knuckle ball is another amazing moment in an amazing year so far for the defenseman.
- "...in the playoffs against teams other than Chicago, he is 21-12, with a 1.95 GAA and a .934 save percentage." Guess who he is?
- Torres is just glad to be here again.
- Game five scoring chances via the Copper and Blue with a shout out to the twins and a wag of the finger at Murray and Pavelski.
- The KesLORD lore adds another chapter. Sounds like a great time for a shirt purchase!
- This roster has one more chapter to write.
- Pick your Bieksa goal call. Or maybe yours sounds like mine: "ummm...what the hell?"
- Fans "erupt" in celebration. Puck Daddy has the "best of" collection including a scene in Ghana. Yes. Ghana.
- ..and now a word about the Donnelly factor.
- ESPN game recaps still crack me up.
- Not to be blamed, Niemi basically never saw the game winning goal until it passed him.
- Say what you will about Thornton but the guy had a strong game five despite a separated shoulder.
- Marleau: "we let it slip away." Poor guy will be seeing that open net he could have tossed the puck in before Vancouver tied it up all summer long.
- Where do the Sharks go from here?
- Some folks with deep pockets are still trying to lure a NHL franchise to Seattle.
- Thank God: Vancouver's mayor finally got his ham from the Nashville mayor.
- Live feed of Brian Rafalski's retirement announcement this morning.
- Off topic: emo horse doesn't care for your volcano.
Lastly, with a day or so before the SCF prep begins, we'll need another theme (having exhausted Star Wars, Arrested Development and Archer). Drop your ideas in the comments.