I am angry. I am disappointed. No, angry is a bitter word. How does this Canuck team come out twice and shit the bed so bad that not only do the sheets have to bed thrown out, but so does the mattress. AV, you said a few minor changes had to be made after game 4. Maybe a few major ones might be needed. But westy99, why make major changes to a team that won the President’s Trophy they must know what they’re doing? Maybe…..but game 4 & 5 suggest otherwise. Here are some of things I see. Feel free to add your own observations.
1) The aggressive clean hitting by the Canucks has disappeared. One hit by Torres led to a change of that game plan it seems. The hitting in the neutral zone by the Canucks is almost non-existent as well. The Hawks are dumping the puck in and beating the d-men to the puck.
2) The Hawks are skating east-west in the offensive zone. They couldn’t do that in games 1 & 2. The Canucks are not picking up their assignments defensively. And this has led to big spots of ice in the middle open to the Hawks. Keith has feasted on this.
3) Burrows and Kesler. Burrows……Kelser……anyone? Oh, they’re tired from killing penalties. Ok.
4) Torres out, especially if the Canucks have given up on the physical game. Oreo has shown more offensive flare.
5) Psst…Canucks D…..the Hawks know about your board outlet bank shot when you’re under pressure. They are waiting for you to try and fire it out along the boards and then they have a free line of sight to the net.
6) Hodgson line was the best line. Specifically 15:30 of the third period.
7) Shots of the Canucks bench in the first after the second summed it up. It wasn’t anger, it was shock.
8) Poor passing under pressure. The Hawks are not sitting back especially on the penalty kill. The Canucks are back to trying to make the extra pass instead of shooting.
9) Luongo or Ginger Jesus? The scary thing is that this question has to be asked.
10) I called Canucks in 6.