Yes, yes, I know, the Squid has been absent for a while. Lots of homework, actual work, and other stuff to deal with. Good thing WAACH has been posting lots of coffee to keep you all distracted..... Anyways, the Canucks are on their road trip through the Pacific division, and they're off to a much better start than I expected. I'm used to seeing ours boys crapping the bed in California, but we already have 2 wins in 2 games this time around. Cory Schneider was finally able to get his first career shutout last night, and Manny Malhotra also did quite well with 2 goals. Tomorrow we visit the Coyotes, and this should be a good game, especially since we might face them within the first 2 rounds of the upcoming playoffs.
- Canucks.com recap of last night's game. 3 stars were Ginger Jesus, Mad Money, and Ryan Getzlaf.
- Last night's results, and today's schedule. How in God's name did the Rangers beat up the Flyers 7-0?!?!?!
- Conference standings. Wait a tick, when did the Capitals take the SE lead from the Lightning?
- NHL's 3 stars of the week were Jarome Iginla, Andrej Sekera, and Carey Price.
- Come on now, is 1 week really enough time to look at gold or bust from the trade deadline moves?
- The "History Will Be Made" ad campaign is returning for the playoffs. They better not ruin what was a great thing last year.....
- Some great thoughts coming from Elliotte Friedman this morning. There's a few about the Canucks in there.
What's this? Trade Shea Weber? Inconceivable!
- Finally, via PITB, Ryan Kesler makes a Raffi Torres interview awkward. Oh Kes, you're such a goof.