We know the regular season is the warm-up for the playoffs. At a team level, champions aren't made in the regular season so, as it stands, Vancouver hasn't won a damn thing yet. But that doesn't mean you ignore their regular season accolades either.
Vancouver currently leads the NHL in points, points percentage, goals per game, goals against per game, power-play, penalty-kill, and face-off %. Take that in and swish it around your skull. End up at the top of one or two categories, maybe it's a fluke. But seven? Those are the marks of an all-around great team (one that, again, has yet to ice its top six defenseman once this season).
Enjoy what these guys have accomplished. It's simply remarkable.
Your savory links:
- Vigneault and crew are still looking for an answer for Malhotra.
- TG: "This is a good team having a good year."
- Cole: Make visors mandatory.
- Luongo chats it up with THN about Rollie and dropping the C.
- Henrik Sedin in a Russian interview.
- Hansen's Canucks. I love it.
- Lyle Richardson doesn't seen GJ going anywhere (unless GJ demands it...which would be just silly).
- In case you missed it, the Northwest sucks.
- When you want to get a good read on a player, what is the one stat you look at?
- Lastly, gleefully off-topic - corporate life as explained by Calvin & Hobbes.