First of all, hat tip to jabraham for providing the above image
It was almost predictable wasn't it? The Avalanche scored 2 goals in 1.5 minutes in the 1st period to make it 2-0 before the Canucks even showed up to play. But we know how good our team is. Were they about to mail it in? Not a chance. They actually played well for about half the game (or less) and still managed to not only erase the 2-0 deficit (sans any PP's because of their general lack of effort early on), but also to score 4 consecutive goals and take complete advantage of the game. The goods?
- The Canucks went 0 for 1 on the PP but drastically improved their 5 on 5 which is still 2nd in the NHL behind the Bruins.
- Sweet hell, the Canucks improved their record when trailing after 1. They are now 17th in the NHL with a 3-7-4 record. How quickly things change. They also improved their record when trailing after 2 periods to 3-11-3 (11th) if NHL.com is quick to the draw with updating their stats.
- 10 points up on Philly and 11 points up on the Wings, who beat the Capitals tonight.
- Northwest Division clinched!
Ahahahaha. Keep it up, boys!
- Loving the Line 4 tonight. They have gradually improved as the games have passed and tonight were finally rewarded when Maxim Lapierre bagged his first goal as a Canuck, assisted by Chris Higgins and Keith Ballard. That being said, I'm not so impressed with Jeff Tambellini. Great hustle but..that's about it.
- From what I was gathering Higgins was promoted later in the game. Is he possibly going to replace Mason Raymond on the 2nd line? MayRay only played 12:27 tonight but had 5 shots that I barely remember. Higgins played 17:18 because of his promotion. Is Raymond injured? Does Higgins kick ass? Or both?
- Hell, is Manny Malhotra alright? He took a puck to the face and never returned. Better not be a fractured orbital bone for god's sakes.
- Hamhuis, Burrows and Hank were all a +3 tonight. The Sedins and Burrows took their time to get going but managed (haha) 6 combined points on the evening.
- How about some highlights?
How about some links?
-"I thought they stayed on the right side of the puck the whole time and we didn’t get a whole lot of chances [in the first two periods]," said Henrik, who played in his 800th NHL game. "They kept us to the outside and we didn’t take the shots we needed to. A lot of times when teams push you to the outside you need to get a few shots and get the D-men to turn a little bit." - The Province. I call bullshit.
- We have great times in our game threads. I would like to quote Beantown Canuck from this game's thread:
- End of story. Good night!