Did we win last night? Yes, we beat the Wild 4-1 in the Saint Paul building they've had trouble in for the last 5 years. Did we deserve that win? Now that's an entirely different question, with an answer that isn't entirely obvious. The 4-1 score is very deceiving, since the Canucks were outshot 29-14, with the only shot on goal in the 3rd period being Ryan Kesler getting the empty netter at the end. AV had the boys playing a very defensive game, and Cory Schneider had to stand on his head. Another thing that has been noticeable in the back-to-back games is how the boys aren't skating well, which leads to them taking all the penalties instead of drawing them. They need to get their feet back in gear, as they face a boring style of game against the Predators tomorrow night.
- Canucks.com recap of last night's game. The 3 stars were Cory Schneider, Manny Malhotra, and Cal Clutterbuck.
- Tuesday night's results, and Wednesday's schedule. Oh look, a TSN doubleheader: Maple Leafs and Sabres at 4:00, then Stars and Flames at 6:30.
- Conference standings. Having the entire Pacific division in that mid-West glut only makes it even fuglier....
- (10:38) From Elliotte Friedman: "Avalanche announce Matt Duchene out indefinitely with hand injury."
- (10:31) Marc Spector of Sportsnet: 'Just had chatted with Canucks GM Mike Gillis: "We may not have cap space to make any deals (at deadline)."'
- Last night, the Senators sent Chris Kelly to the Bruins in exchange for a 2011 2nd-round draft pick.
- Joel Quenneville was admitted to a hospital last night for severe discomfort. He is doing well, and it is not cardiac-related. Get well soon, Q.
- The Thrashers have signed Dustin Byfuglien to a 5-year deal worth $26M.
- Mason Raymond shares his journey to the NHL.
As eightyseven pointed out, today would have been Luc Bourdon's 24th birthday. RIP Luc, we miss you a lot. You would've been great to have on our D right now.
- Yes, I realize that these are the same guys who called us "smug and preening", but On The Forecheck (our opponent tomorrow night) has some interesting articles right now on what they should do for the trade deadline.