|Time||Tues. 7:00 PM PST
|Season Series||1 - 0 Canucks
||3-0 Canucks Nov.23/11
|The Enemy||Mile High Hockey||Scoring Leaders||
: 9-21-30 O'Reilly: 6-15-21|
||< Road Record / Home Record >
||Goals For / Against +/-||+16
||Goals Scored||83 (5)
||5 On 5 GF/GA||1.09 (10)
||Power Play %
||Penalty Kill %
||Winning % When Scoring First||80.0 (4)
||Winning % When Leading After 1||87.5 (5)
||Winning % When Leading After 2||100
||Faceoffs %||52.9 (3)
||PIM's Per Game Average
Breaking crappy news (as of 6:00 tonight: Chris Higgins will not play Tuesday against the Avalanche due to a staph infection in his foot. Alain Vigneault was saying today that Higgins missed 5 or 6 games last season in Florida with the same problem, mostly because the docs there had a hard time diagnosing just what the heck it was. Tough loss for the Canucks. So, they called up Victor Oreskovich today to fill in on the 4th line while we can assume that Mason Raymond is heading to the 2nd line with Kesler and Booth and Manny Money moving up to line 3.
|2011 - Roberto Luongo||15||827||8||6||40||2.90||383||343||.896||0|
|2011 - Semyon Varlamov||20||1182||9||10||56||2.84||590||534||.905||1|
Duchene-Stastny-Jones (Stastny is listed as day to day with a torso injury, but made the trip)
STATS / STUFF
- Ryan O'Reilly was the NHL's 2nd Star of the week last week after scoring 7 points in 4 games.
- Semyon Varlamov was one of the top goalies of the week. He has not allowed more than 2 goals against in his last 6 games and has a 4-2 record in that span.
- Colorado has won 3 in a row after going 3-9-1 in their previous 13 in the month of November. Remember all that "fire Joe Sacco" talk?
- Milan Hejduk may be known as the Canucks Killer, but he had no points and was a -2 in the Avs' last game against Vancouver. Keep it that way, Hedge Duck.
- Ryan O'Reilly may be rolling right now, but he has no goals and 2 assists and a -6 in 12 career games versus Vancouver.
- Paul Stastny has 7 goals and 27 points in 31 career games versus Van.
- Semyon Varlamov is 0-2-0 career vs Van with a 2.53 GAA and a .919 save percentage.
- Roberto Luongo has a 13-15-5 career record versus Colorado with a 2.87 GAA, a .902 save % and 2 shutouts.
- Mason Raymond has 5 goals and 15 points in 21 games versus the Avalanche.
- Ready for the wack stats?
- Avalanche are 9-23 in their last 32 games as a road underdog.
- Avalanche are 7-20 in their last 27 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Avalanche are 9-26 in their last 35 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Avalanche are 13-38 in their last 51 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 5-2 in their last 7 Tuesday games.
- Canucks are 6-2 in their last 8 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Canucks are 4-1 in their last 5 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canucks are 5-1 in their last 6 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- See the picture I'm painting here? Bet on the Avs. Ha!
- Covers.com you rule.
The last meeting:
Classic tilt: Jovo KO's Deadmarsh:
Title of this post is brought to you by Public Enemy (feat. Anthrax):
GO CANUCKS GO!