|Time||Sun. 6:00 PM PST
|Season Series||1 - 0 Canucks
||5-1 Canucks Nov.01/11
|The Enemy||Matchsticks And Gasoline||Scoring Leaders||
: 8-21-29 Tanguay: 4-13-17|
||< Road Record / Home Record >
||Goals For / Against +/-||+12
||Goals Scored||78 (6)
||5 On 5 GF/GA||1.04 (12)
||Power Play %
||Penalty Kill %
||Winning % When Scoring First||80.0 (4)
||Winning % When Leading After 1||87.5 (6)
||Winning % When Leading After 2||100
||Faceoffs %||52.2 (6)
||PIM's Per Game Average
Good things come to those who...
play the Calgary Flames. Well the Vancouver Canucks anyway. The Canucks are 8-0-2 in their last 10 against the Lames, outscoring them 38-20. Total domination. The Flames beat the Oilers 5-3 tonight, even without their stud d-man Mark Giordano in the lineup. Cue newbie Derek Smith, who scored a goal and added an assist against Edmonton. Watch out for him Sunday night.
Calgary is 1-1-0 in back-to-back games this season.
It will be exciting to see Mason Raymond return to the ice, and also interesting to see where he will slot in and if there will be any hesitation in his game. I seriously doubt it. The guy is tough as nails. Will he reclaim his spot on the 2nd line?
For the first time in weeks Roberto Luongo is starting a game! No pressure, Lou. Yeah right. Life under a microscope. And it's a really big microscope right now.
|2011 - Roberto Luongo||14||767||7||6||39||3.05||361||322||.892||0|
#35 / Goalie / Calgary Flames
Will wish he was never born on Nov 27, 1983.
See that look on his face? Yeah he knows the Canucks are coming. That look
is him shitting in his pants.
|2011 - Henrik Karlsson||5||264||0||3||13||2.95||140||127||.907||0|
Derek Smith - Joe Piskula
With 1 goal and no assists in 10 games this season, it looks like Brendan Morrison is riding the pine.
STATS / BRAIN CANDY
- Roberto Luongo is 21-10-2 with a 2,59 GAA, .918 save percentage and 1 shutout vs Calgary.
- Mason Raymond has scored 8 goals and 15 points in 19 career games against the Flames. 2 hat tricks. Killer. Oh hey, both hat tricks came in December. Continue the trend MayRay.
Daniel Sedin has a whopping 23 goals and 65 points in 63 games vs Cgy. He's the real Flames killer.
- Henrik Sedin is 11-44-55 in 63 career games.
- Jarome Iginla has 27 goals and 68 points in 81 career games against the Canucks. Imagine that. He has played the equivalent of a full season AGAINST us.
- Tim Jackman......screw Tim Jackman.
- Henrik Karlsson is 0-0-1 career vs Van.
- Alex Tanguay is 18-37-55 in 57 career games against the Canucks.
- Damn it. Covers.com site is down. So much for the wacky insane team stats.
November 1, 2011: Canucks kick Calgary's ass:
Oh. Hell. Yes.:
Ooo! How about some Flames-Canucks Game 7 highlights from 1994?
Kesler vs Iginla 2006:
Damn this song! It's always stuck in my head. It's definitely a song with false lyrics:
Speaking of songs: the title of this post is brought to you by Public Enemy:
This image never leaves my mind either:
Something I keep forgetting:
Poor bastard. I'm sure The Professor tries to forget that too.
GO CANUCKS GO!