With the inevitable loss of The Stanchion to The Province, the door of opportunity has been opened for us at Nucks Misconduct to take on a new contributor or two. What we are looking for: Monday - Friday morning posts with a bit of opinion but mostly links to Canucks news and NHL news. As with what Stanchion provided, humor is always welcomed, but it's not a necessity. So if you want the opportunity to reach a wider audience with your writing, which SportsBlog Nation definitely provides: drop an email to Yankee Canuck and myself expressing interest, linking to a website you write for (if applicable), or showcase your talent in Nucks Misconduct's FanPost section. We'll even accept recommendations.
OK, some Canucks / NHL links after the jump.
- A couple of funny moments from last night's pond hockey game: the Green Men returned with ammo, and Ryan Kesler planking on the net, or humping the net, or whatever you want to call it:
- Ken Henderson, the magnificent artist who works at Straight.com (StraightJab) has a new masterpiece up called "Masked Controversy".
11-year-old Ben Steiner got to be a reporter for a day for the Vancouver Sun recently. Check it out. Change your career path, kid! And don't ask Luongo about Schneider.
- Pavel Bure, Andy Murray, Phil Housley and 2 others will enter the class of 2012 for the International Ice Hockey Federation Hall Of Fame. (The Province). Now if Pavel and his girlie-named brother would stop bitching about the Canucks maybe we'd retire his jersey, or give him a Ring Of Honor nod.
- I'm gonna pimp my own Photoshop of Cory Schneider, since the nickname "C-Wall" came up on Twitter yesterday:
- Lyle Richardson from Spector's Hockey rounds up the Bobby Ryan trade rumors that are still ongoing (Spector's Hockey). Of course, this should simmer down after the coach being fired.
- Dimitry Chesnokov from Puck Daddy talks with Alexander Ovechkin about Boudreau, Hunter, Crosby and more. (Puck Daddy)
- The Paulina Gretzky / Daddy / Twitter thang is on-going. Yeah Wayne, you let her buy new boobs, and look what happens hey? (Puck Daddy) Millions of men worldwide rejoice.
- NUGENT-HOPKINS! NUGENT-HOPKINS WINS HIS 2ND CONSECUTIVE ROOKIE OF THE MONTH AWARD! (TSN) Control your boner, Mark Lee.
- Video: Cabbie Presents: The Twitter Tour. (TSN)
- In case you had not heard: The Flames have lost their best defenceman Mark Giordano to a hamstring injury. And speaking of Flames defencemen, Cory Sarich wants to get the hell outta Calgary. Wow. You know, if there was ever a time to rebuild a team...start from scratch? Tank?
- James Reimer and Ryan Miller are ready to return to the nets of their respective teams.
- This might be the perfect hockey hit, as SBN's Travis Hughes mentions:
- The word F**K. Which kind of makes me feel better after last night's circus act.
I don't know if that nickname will stick or not. But I really like how it's fitting to Vancouver.
IF you are about the same height as the guy you are hitting. If Edler does that it's a head shot.