As I was typing that, three more NHL coaches were fired. In case you didn't hear, this morning the Capitals fired Bruce "I eat my feelings" Boudreau and the Hurricanes fired Paul "I'll be back" Maurice from their respective head coaching jobs. Who replaced them? Dale "I'll **** you up if you look at me funny" Hunter gets the job in Washington, while Kirk "I have no funny nickname but I'm a really good coach" Muller finally gets his shot at a head coaching job with the Hurricanes.
Oh, there goes two more coaches. I am sure TSN is ecstatic about the latest news, they can always use more panels, with the ultimate dream being a panel that discusses their panels, so let's all wish TSN well in their dreams this holiday season.
And apparently today is "cyber sale" Monday, not "cyber Monday", which means some e-mails I just sent are going to confuse an awful lot of my co-workers.....
Big congrats to the BC Lions for winning the Grey Cup last night, by the way. It's always nice to pretend that a Grey Cup is just as good as a Stanley Cup, and good on the Lions for not choking the game away. When Winnipeg looked to have recovered the onside kick at the end of the game, the only thing that kept me sane was me screaming at the TV pointing my hands yelling "NOT TEN YARDS, NOT TEN YARDS". It's nice to know that no matter what changes in life, BC will always beat Winnipeg.
Anyways, let's see what's been happening around the NHL!
Vancouver Canucks News:
- Iain Mac Daddy has done a story about the important role assistant coach.....wait, no, that was scratched? Oh we're talking about the goalies again. Yay. Also of note, Edler is still injured. It's about that time of year again, the defenceman starting to drop like flies is right on schedule. [Vancouver Sun]
- McGinn is a Canuck hunter. This is discussed in a non-whimsical way by someone at NBC. This article is barely worth your time. But you're going to have to read it anyways. [CSN Bay Area]
- Pavel Bure has an amazing interview where he confirms that I still really don't like him as a person. Things to note: Bure has gotten into Ju-Jitsu (He apparently trains with Oleg Taktarov for any MMA historians out there , he still doesn't really cheer for the Canucks, and he really really hates playing hockey. [Canucks Army]
- Since we're low on Canucks news, here is a story I did on Chris Higgins on the weekend. [Off the Stanchion]
- BAM. Boudreau fired. [The Star]
- BAM again. Maurice fired. [Globe and Mail]
- NHL rankings according to the National Post. They have the Bruins tops in the league. Excuse me while I punch my wall repeatedly. [National Post]
- Montreal is turning on it's own kind! The Montreal Gazette calls for Pacioretty to be suspended. Of course by suspended, they mean a light spanking. [Montreal Gazette]
- The Toronto Sun talks about how NHL superstars need to play well at both end of the rinks in todays game. Somewhere Markus Naslund is weeping and screaming about this. Why did I pick on Naslund you ask? Because I'll never forget him leaving the puck at center ice on a penalty shot. [Toronto Sun]
- They now have an all-star game to select the kids who get to go to the all-star game. No longer can you win free tickets, you have to earn it now. [York Region]
- This article discusses goal differential and shows what the standings would look like based on that. The part about this article that shocked me is that Anaheim is worse than Columbus. Geezus. [Edmonton Journal]