Hi, I know my posts are few and far between but I swear I have watched every single game from Costa Rica on NHL.com (thank you Al Gore for the internet). I have some totally random thoughts that I wanted to share with those far smarter than I when it comes to the Canucks. I blame distance for the lack of intelligence on my part.
More after the jump.....
1) Do we really want Salo back? I know, when he is healthy he is a offensive threat and can play the shutdown role. But I don't believe this will be his only injury this year and why the hell would anyone want to mess with the chemistry on the team right now? Of course the question becomes who would want him in a trade? Waive him. He will probably break a wrist when he waves back.
2) I spent most of October and November asking the Canucks to shoot more. They actually heard me. I might have some sort of super powers. Except they do not work on my wife, I still have to change the kid's diapers.
3) Not only has the penalty kill improved, they have to use it less often. They have gone from 15.5 PIM a game in 2009/10 to 12 PIM this year. Less stupidity from the Bieksa, Kesler & Burrows. The SOB trade surely helped this number as well. Was that not the best trade of the year for the Canucks or what?
4) I await the yearly big injury for the team. There is always one. I don't count Burrows or Salo since they happened before the season started. If Raymond's was the one then this year has been blessed by the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
5) Rollie the Goalie should get Coach of the Year. He has been able to get Luongo to change his style and made Schneider into a brick wall.
6) I don't know whether to plan the parade route or pick the bridge to jump off of when the shit hits the fan in the playoffs.
7) Can we just make Kesler a Canadian already?