Update: @ManitobaMoose just tweeted me back: "Cody is in warmup with a full cage. Anticipated he will play today."
CBC has really hit the nail on the head this year by creating the program "AHL on CBC", which shows AHL games on Sunday mornings/afternoons featuring the primary farm teams for the Canadian NHL teams. Today, at 10:00 am PST (1:00 pm EST), we get to see the Manitoba Moose (baby Canucks) on the program for the first time this season, as they host the Abbotsford Heat (baby Flames).
Some pre-game reading material:
- Game preview.
- Recap from the Friday night matchup between these two teams. The Heat won the shootout in Jordan Schroeder's return.
- This game at the MTS Center is also Nolan Baumgartner Bobble-Head Day. Poor Baumer....
- Speaking of Baumer, having him as captain seems to be having a great effect on the current winning ways of this team.
This article from the Winnipeg Free Press on Friday says that Cody Hodgson could make his return today. Another article from 14 hours ago says it's still unofficial, but looks highly likely, since he practiced on the first line with Schroeder and Sweatt yesterday and Marco Rosa is injured. I have just tweeted the Moose Twitter feed for confirmation.
- He's not one of our prospects, but knowing a bit more about Shawn Weller wouldn't hurt.
- An update on the Bill Sweatt Twitter experience.
- At the beginning of last week, the Moose signed 2 ECHL players to PTO's. Andy Brandt comes from the Gwinnett Gladiators, while Dusty Collins comes from the Ontario Reign.
- Moose roster, complete with links to individual profiles and jersey numbers for your figuring out who is who. Here's the Heat roster as well, featuring a couple familiar names.
And now a couple videos. First, some highlights from when the Moose visited the Heat back in November. Includes that vicious Aaron Volpatti hit:
Also, this little silly thing from the Moose prepping for this Sunday. Dear God, this is embarassing: