So, it just had to be the Rangers who ended our 17-game undefeated-in-regulation streak, didn't it? Last night didn't go too well for us, with that bloody NYC team shutting down the Canucks. Cory Schneider had a very good night, but he was the only Vancouver player to do well. He ended up letting in the one Wojtek Wolski goal, which coupled with Henrik Lundqvist's shutout resulted in Cory's 1st regulation loss of the year. The 1-0 shutout was also the first time the Canucks have lost in regulation in 39 days and 18 games. After doing so well through the last while, it was extra miserable to lose last night, since the winning has become like an addiction for some of us here.
On the upside, Eddie Lack and the Moose shut out the Milwaukee Admirals 3-0 last night, and Sergei Shirokov's point streak is now at 11 games, so there's always positives to last night. Perhaps the Canucks can do that to the Capitals in Washington tonight. With Alex Ovechkin playing cold this year, and Alexander Semin dealing with injuries, now would be a great time to get back to our winning ways.
- Canucks.com recap of last night's game, and preview for tonight's game. Catch the action at 4:00 pm PST today on Sportsnet Pacific.
- Last night's scores, and today's schedule. A couple of high-scoring games last night.
- Conference standings. Luckily, our lead wasn't threatened by that loss.
Shane O`Brien gets a two-game suspension for.... what, exactly? Update: Leahy found video. Looks like SOB speared Stephen Weiss in the face a couple times.
- THN gives their midseason analysis of the Northwest division.
- Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, Kevin Bieksa, Mason Raymond and Ryan Kesler did interviews on NHL.com. Check out the videos: "Roommate Drama" (oh my...), "Talkin Playoffs", "College Hockey", "Double Trouble", "All-Star Dilemma", "Playoff Expectations", and "Picking Positions". (You can also just hit the 1st link, and let them all stream through one after another.)
- Pictures of Day 4 on the road trip.
- The newest batch of Jersey Fouls includes one that says "Jesus is no Luongo".