Yes, I know, I haven't been posting for the last while. School just started up again, which means 4 brand new courses for me to include in my schedule. However, I ended up with 3-hour breaks between classes for 4 days of the week, and since that doesn't allow much time to leave the school and run errands, I have a bit of time to spend at the computer lab. And that's where I am right now.
Anyways, something I've been wanting to say about our game against the Red Wings on Saturday is that our defence actually looked pretty decent in the first 2 periods. Many of them were making excellent moves (by the way, do we have a gif of that new Keith Ballard open ice hit yet?), and the whole team really kept the Wings from having too many chances on Roberto Luongo. That did fall apart in the 3rd period a bit though, with that scary miscue between Alexander Edler and Christian Ehrhoff, as well as the Wings tying goal.
- Sunday's results, and Monday's updates. If you get TSN2, you can catch the Bruins and Penguins game at 4:00 pm PST.
- Conference standings. Did anyone else notice that the Predators are on a 5-game winning streak?
- Hot off the presses: Trevor Linden and Tom Larscheid are among the 2011 inductees to the BC Sports Hall of Fame. Congratulations!
- Can't find a link right now, but the Wings put Pavel Datsyuk on IR this morning. Well, there goes my fantasy teams....
- As reported earlier today, Daniel Sedin was ranked the NHL's 1st star of the week. He is joined by Jonas Hiller and Jose Theodore.
- As reported yesterday, Tom Kostopoulos of the Flames has been suspended 6 games for a blow to the head of Brad Stuart.
- Alain Vigneault has been named as one of the coaches for the All-Star game. He and Peter Laviolette of the Flyers earned the positions by having the teams with the highest points percentage in each conference. Way to go, AV!