After a silly wireless internet connection at home yesterday, I'm back. A rather slow news day, too, so here's what I found:
- Update (1:30 PM): Finally Kovalchuk speaks. Dimitry Chesnokov has a Q&A with this summer's biggest and most annoying hockey story. So, Brian Burke was at the hearing and speaking out against long term contracts...
- Update (1:20 PM): Fredrik Modin has signed a 1 year deal with the Atlanta Thrashers.
- Hey look, Yankee's analysis on drawing penalties inspired a Dallas writer to do the same for the Stars! Ah, we sure like being trendsetters, eh?
- The Columbus Dispatch looks at how little the Western Conference teams shook up their rosters this summer. The only team that looks improved is the Canucks.
How Damien Cox pissed off Ted Leonsis. (Also, h/t to vancitydan for putting Ted's blog post in the fanshots.)
- NHL.com looks at the best players to ever wear their jersey numbers. 3 of the 5 ex-Canucks who made the list might make you puke in your mouth a bit.... (00-33, 34-66, 67-99)
- A THN writer talks about his trip to a Manchester United game, and how the atmosphere was much different than what you'd find at a hockey game.
- Added: Don't see this every day: Swiss player scores goal using his head, soccer style.
Open topic for today: If you won the lottery, how would you use the money?