Holy smokes: the regular season starts in exactly a week!!! (Photo by Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images)
Hey look, it's the last day of September. For most people, this means getting paychecks or having 1 day left to scramble for rent money. For university students like me, tuition has to be paid by midnight for the fall term. But for us hockey fans, it means that tomorrow is finally October, and the importance of this is that the NHL regular season finally starts next week!!!
- Added (5:07 PM): A creepy new commercial featuring Alex Ovechkin to keep you guys entertained while I'm at work tonight. (h/t to Cycle Like The Sedins)
Added (11:05 AM):
- Added: The Canucks just renewed their affiliation with the Victoria Salmon Kings of the ECHL. Good, I can still go to games and look for Vancouver prospects.
- Via Tim Wharmsby of CBC on Twitter, Sheldon Souray and Martin Gerber have been put on waivers by the Oilers.
- Via Canes Country, Tim Gleason and Brandon Sutter have been named assistant captains for the Hurricanes. Eric Staal is the current captain, having taken over for Rod Brind`Amour in January.
- Puck Daddy's preview for the 2010-2011 Canucks season.
- Reviewing the NHL's biggest offseason moves.
- SBNation, with the help of Five For Howling, previews this year's Coyotes.
- Checking out the Blackhawks new bling. I wish this meant something other than their Stanley Cup rings.....
- Brian Gionta was named the 28th captain of the Canadiens yesterday. THN has analysis on the decision.
Hey look, TSN predicts us to win the conference!!! Today's team is the Blackhawks in 3rd overall, which leaves the Canucks and Capitals for the last 2 spots.