With Henrik Sedin breaking into the league's upper tier last season by winning the scoring race, the Art Ross trophy that goes with it and the Hart trophy for league MVP that automatically seems to go to the highest scorer if it doesn’t go to a goalie, there are suddenly plenty of newly minted Sedin fans around.
So how do you tell the real twin-touters from the flavour-of-the-month variety?
Here are some useful tips:
1. Real Sedin fans know that Henrik is the centre and Daniel is the left winger.
2. Real Sedin fans know that the twins have been scoring at or near the point a game level since 2005-2006.
3. Real Sedin fans knew before the TSN video countdown that Daniel’s between the legs goal in the final game of last season was the "play of the year".
4. Real Sedin fans know that while the lads are almost indistinguishable, Henrik is actually taller than Daniel.
5. Real Sedin fans know that Ornskoldsvik is not a terminal illness but the hometown of the Sedins, Naslund and Forsberg (and some can even pronounce it).