Hey Niemi, meet your new teammate. (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)
- Added (10:08 am): As Yankee just put in the fanshots, there's a good chance Nolan Baumgartner could be the next captain for the Manitoba Moose should he not make the cut for the Canucks this fall.
- Behind the Net takes a look at how many points Henrik Sedin will have next season. Vote your conscience.
- No need to worry about what Brooks put in the NY Post last night, Darren Dreger just shot it all down: "NHL sources say no ultimatum was given to the NHLPA." Yep, as we suspected, don't believe everything Larry Brooks writes.
- The Sharks have made it official that they signed Antti Niemi to a 1-year $2M contract. Fear the Fin has plenty of reaction on the signing most of them believed wasn't going to happen because their true need was defense.
- While on the topic of Niemi, congratulations to our reader VCR Milli, who was the only one to correctly guess all 3 categories in Beantown's "Where Will Niemi End Up?" game from a month ago. No official word yet on whether there is a prize.
- How about another story about Alexandre Bolduc and his recovery from shoulder surgery?
- Hey look, the Canucks Reports are back! Yesterday's edition includes Milan Lucic joining the Canucks practice at UBC, a look at the spiffy new mask Eddie Lack designed, and a Q&A with Victor Oreskovich.
- In case anyone is interested, preseason tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10:00 AM PDT. Get your tickets to see the prospects not only battle against the Flames, Ducks, Oilers or Sharks, but also against each other for the last roster spots.
- So, apparently some possibly clinically-insane woman has sent emails accusing Sidney Crosby of being a narcistic drunk sex addict. UPDATE: The story on SBNation Pittsburgh was removed.
Open topic for today: On the subject of narcissism, which NHL player do you think is the most narcistic?