Good morning, everyone. Hope you're ready for some hockey, because the Canucks prospects play against the Ducks prospects today at 4:00 pm PDT. Meanwhile, the official word has come out that our veteran players will begin their training camp in Vancouver on Friday. (Speaking of that, Yankee just posted a fanshot with the PDF for the camp roster.)
Lots of goodies in the links today, so let's go past the jump.
Added (12:39 PM): Mike Gillis got snappy about the Cody Hodgson situation on the Team 1040 today saying: "There's something that has come out of this which has really bothered me and that's calling into question our medical staff and our training staff and Cody's doctor in Cleveland," Gillis said.
"You guys don't know enough about this and to suggest (Canucks Dr. Bill Regan) with his reputation and his ability has somehow done something wrong is just reprehensible to me.
"Tony Miniaci (Hodgson's doctor) is in Cleveland is a guy I've known for years, I've referred players to him for second opinions, these guys don't even know his name who are talking about him." -more at Pro Hockey Talk
- Added (12:32 PM): Drew Doughty offered Willie Mitchell his #8 but Willie declined saying that Doughty had a great season and should "rock it". My sources that Willie will wear #88 and thus tempt fate. (Z1).
- Just tweeted by Kristin Reid: "Sitting out today: Kevin Clark, Jordan Schroeder, Dan Gendur and defencemen Kevin Connauton and Adam Polasek. 4pm start against Anaheim"
- By the way, Sergei Shirokov is still around, he's just been under the radar so far.
- Prab Rai looks to make the cut for the Manitoba Moose.
Eddie Lack is feeling pretty good right now.
- Another case for the captaincy going to Ryan Kesler.
- Ex-Canuck Russ Courtnall will be on CBC's "Battle of the Blades" this year.
- The Rangers and Marc Staal have agreed on a 5-year contract.
- The 2012 All-Star Game will be hosted by the Senators.
- Some outrage from Eric Belanger 's agent over the Capitals going back on their agreement....
- To end on a fun note, someone passed the camera over to Taylor Ellington.