Good news, everyone: today is the official beginning of the Canucks training camp!!! Get ready to see lots of articles detailing how our prospects are doing. Well, those articles aren't this morning, of course, but they'll start filtering in over the weekend. Here are some Friday morning links:
Update: (12:40): The National Hockey League club (Canucks) put single-game tickets on sale Friday, with the cheapest ticket costing $65 — a $10 increase from last year, making it the most expensive low-end ticket price in the NHL. -The National Post. Yeah, it's a bitch ain't it?
- Update (12:28): Remember that feisty little Richard Park guy? He just signed a 3 year deal in the Swiss Elite League.
- Update (12:27 PM): Oilers have signed Andrew Cogliano to a 1 year deal.
- Update (12:23 PM): Cody Hodgson will not participate in the Prospects Tournament which begins Sunday. He will be further evaluated by team doctors in the meantime.
- Sami Salo talks about his injury.
- Speaking of Salo talking, here's the raw media scrum from Canucks.com.
- Claude Noel talks about having to immerse himself in the Canucks-Moose system.
- Vancouver Sun previews the Western Conference.
- As many of us heard yesterday, Darcy Hordichuk is ready to fight for his 4th-line spot.
- Kristen Reid managed to get a one-on-one interview with Keith Ballard.
Open topic for today: Which Canucks prospect are you most looking forward to hear about for training camp?