Hard to go wrong with weekends, eh?
- Added: From Botchford: "For those wondering, Bill Sweatt's contract with the Canucks is for 3 yrs, $900,000 per yr"
- The new Canucks merchandise store on Hastings and Renfrew in Vancouver is having its grand opening on Thursday next week.
- Brendan Morrison is still looking for a job.
- Hey look, we got mentioned in the Province's general sports blog!
- You know it's a slow news day when the only thing to write about is the need for fashion police at the Canucks practice...
- Nikolai Khabibulin has been convicted for impaired driving. His sentence, which could be up to 6 months in jail, will be determined Tuesday.
- Ilya Kovalchuk and the Devils have submitted a new contract proposal, for which the NHL has 5 days to decide whether or not to accept it. Puck Daddy has more on this.
- Added: from Nick Kypreos of RSN: "I can confirm the Maple Leafs have signed free agent Clarke MacArthur to a 1-yr/$1.1M contract."
Open topic for the weekend: What are the funniest movies of all time?