One month from today the Canucks kick off their preseason schedule against the Flames. Between Mitchell, Bieksa and the top bottom six (or top nine if you prefer) there's still plenty to do. On the Mitchell and Bieksa storylines, perhaps a merciful ending comes this weekend?
- Botchford jumps in on the Sportsnet ONE blame game.
- Is Kevin Connauton a power forward in disguise?
- CHB found a John Shorthouse tribute from Michael Buble.
More THN love (not so much for the Eastern Conference champs).
- Inking newest Canuck Bill Sweatt pushes Vancouver to 48 players signed, two short of the 50 maximum for NHL teams.
- For you twitter users out there, Bill Sweat is actually responding to comments (including douchebag ones from Leafs fan). Go follow him.
- Stefan Schneider had his life turned around by inking a deal with the Canucks earlier this summer.
- The NHL and Europe: A budding love affair.
- If you hate having money, then feel free to place some early bets on the Vezina, Hart and Jack Adams (hahaha) winners for 2011.
- Will the Flames retire Fleury's jersey? (h/t Kukla)
- It's not too often you can link the Pittsburgh Pirates and Vancouver Canucks, so here you go.
- Off topic: Sweet pictures of Russia from a century ago.
- Off topic: Finally, a match.com for ugly people. There's hope for me yet...
Question for the weekend: If Vancouver fails to get past the second round again, do you fire Vigneault?