Friday! Friday! Happy hour is on the clock!
Need a random fact? August 2010 has 5 Sundays, 5 Mondays & 5 Tuesdays which won't happen again for 823 years! Thank you internets.
- Alexandre Burrows is still rehabbing, but the safe bet for this type of injury is he starts on the LTIR and we see him towards November/December (Missy covered it earlier too).
- On the other hand, Alexander Edler is over his playoff injury and ready for 2011.
- Tony Gallagher attacks the NHL reviewing contracts. You've been warned.
- In case you missed it yesterday, the CBC will be showing four Moose games this season (perhaps the only way Hordichuk gets national coverage?)
- Buried deep in this Denver Post slideshow about the Avs '96 championship team is a pic of Mike Keane and Jyrki Lumme. How often do you get to link to Lumme 'news'?
- The Caps looking at either Souray or Bieksa? Ignore the muffled laughter from Western Canada.
- Hmmm...see this piece? Now see this piece? Notice anything? Tisk tisk Sun Media...nicely done PPP.
- Possible forward lines for the Flames; do pass on to Luongo please.
- When a blogger cuts Brian Burke down a peg, you run (not walk) to read it.
- Off topic: a hawk makes a funny.
Canucks query for the day: how many games do you want to see Cory Schneider start this season (or, alternatively, how many games should Luongo take off? He's averaged 65 games the past three seasons).