First, the official stuff:
- Mark Recchi has signed for 1 more year with the Bruins.
- Tom Pyatt has signed for 1 more year with the Canadiens.
- Puck Daddy presents the 10 most awkward draft pick photos.
- The topic that everyone is analyzing: who won and lost the draft? (Puck Daddy, Hockey Independent)
- Down on the farm, the Manitoba Moose have been busy signing players. So far, they've resigned both Tommy Maxwell and Marco Rosa, and signed rookie Kevin Clark.
- Added: Anybody interested in Marc Staal? Apparently there's a chasm in his contract talks with the Rangers.
Added (11:10 AM): The waiver wire has become active. The Senators have put Jonathan Cheechoo on waivers, while the Coyotes have waived Jim Vandermeer and Petteri Nokelainen, the Panthers put Ville Koistenen on waivers and the Flames have waived Ales Kotalik.
- Added (11:43 AM): Via Dan Murphy of RSN, Shane O`Brien has received a qualifying offer of $1.6m for one more year with the Canucks. Sean has a separate post for that.
- Added (1:03 PM): Wojtek Wolski has signed on for 2 more years with the Coyotes.
- Added (1:49 PM): The enemy Oilers have issued qualifying offers to Gilbert Brule, Andrew Cogliano, Colin Fraser, Samwise Gagner, JF Jacques, Ryan O'Marra, Liam Reddox, Theo Peckham and goalies Jeff Deslauriers and Devan Dubnyk. Ryan Potulny and Marc-Antoine Pouliot did not receive qualifying offers and will hit the free agent market. -TSN
Added (2:43 PM): Per a Denver Post writer, the Avalanche get Dan Winnik from the Coyotes for a 4th-round draft pick. UPDATE: Official press release from Phoenix.
- Added (2:53 PM): The Flames have announced their qualifying offers for Henrik Karlsson, Matt Keetley, Gord Baldwin, Matt Pelech, Ian White, Kris Chucko, Brett Sutter, and J. D. Watt. (BTW, Keetley played in goal last year for Victoria)
Added (2:58 PM): The Sharks have made qualifying offers on Devin Setoguchi, Steven Zalewski and Derek Joslin.
Now, the rumour of the morning. (DISCLAIMER: THESE ARE JUST RUMOURS, MAINSTREAM MEDIA SHOULD REFRAIN FROM USING THIS AS ONE OF THEIR "SOURCES")
- According to ESPN's Pierre Lebrun, the Flyers have also been granted the rights to talk to Marty Turco (still under contract by the Stars until July 1st). Apparently, Turco has turned them down so far, wanting to test the free agent market. Meanwhile, the Flyers are also having trouble getting Evgeni Nabokov to sign (they've been allowed to talk to him as well).