Henrik Sedin with the Hart Memorial Trophy (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)
Lots of awards highlights in here this morning, but first a couple headlines:
- Added (11:46 AM): From Bob Mckenzie on Twitter: Wojtek Wolski has agreed to terms on a 2 year deal with PHX for $7.6M.
Added: From a reporter for CSNPhilly: "Flyers and Dan Hamhuis camp are NOT close on a deal." Still hope for us?
Added: Johnny Boychuk reportly signs on for another 2 years with the Bruins.
Will confirm.TSN is saying it's a done deal.
- Added: In the SBNation NHL Mock Draft, we selected....
San Jose Sharks have signed on Patrick Marleau and Joe Pavelski for 4 more years each.
Chicago Blackhawks have sent Colin Fraser to the Oilers for a 6th round draft pick.
Reports have come out that the Thrashers are hiring Craig Ramsey as head coach and John Torchett as assistant coach.
Henrik Sedin made the NHL's first all-star team, while Daniel Sedin made the second.
- Puck Daddy is rocking the mock draft.
Awards highlights after the jump.
- Henrik won the Hart last night, and you can see his highlights here (or just scroll down the main page).
- How about the voting breakdown? There were a couple tight races.
- Some other acceptance speechs: Duncan Keith for the Norris, Shane Doan for the King Clancy, Ryan Miller for the Vezina, Alex Ovechkin for the Lindsay, Dave Tippett for the Adams, Tyler Myers for the Calder, and Martin St. Louis for the Byng. For some strange reason, Pavel Datsyuk and his Selke acceptance is missing, so I'll try to find that.
Jose Theodore won the Masterton last night, and has a heartbreaking story behind it.
- There was some other stuff too, such as making fun of Duncan Keith's teeth, Patrick Kane and his bimbo, Mike Green and the Geico caveman, and performances by Snoop Dogg, Cirque du Soleil, Goo Goo Dolls, and Shinedown.
- Wanna see a highlights package with live crowd reaction to the big hits? Jonathan Toews is happy to deliver.
- Finally, the best part of the show: the Ducks skit with Bobby Ryan, Ryan Getzlaf, and Scott Niedermayer.