The NHL has just released the full schedule for the 2010-2011 regular season. Here are some of the highlights:
- A 5-game road trip in November visiting the Canadiens, Senators, Maple Leafs, Sabres and Penguins.
- Another 5-game road trip in January visiting the Islanders, Rangers, Capitals, Wild and Avalanche.
- And another 5-game road trip in March, where we visit the Kings, Ducks, Coyotes, Sharks and Flames.
- Those 3 road trips tie for the longest.
- A 6-game home stand at the end of February and beginning of March, hosting the Canadiens, Stars, Blues, Bruins, Blue Jackets and Predators. Longest home stand of year, followed by several batches of 4 home games in a row.
- All 4 games in April are division rivals. A home-and-home with the Oilers, a visit from the Wild, and another barn-burner finale against the Flames in the Saddledome. Hmm, how many teams can we eliminate from the playoffs in that 1 week?
- 10 back-to-back pairs of games.
- The home opener on October 9th against the Kings is the 40th anniversary of the Canucks inaugural NHL game in 1970 (also on the 9th against the Kings). Canucks management will release word about the festivities in July.
- No Road Trip from Hell :P