Although Sean posted quite a few updates yesterday, today has some breaking news, some of which could be considered schadenfraude to some people.
- Originally reported by RDS, then confirmed by TSN as well as the Blues organization, the Montreal Canadiens have traded RFA Jaroslav Halak to the St. Louis Blues for prospects Lars Eller and Ian Schultz. SLGT is stunned. UPDATE: Via Mirtle, Blues President Davidson has said that Chris Mason will not be returning to the Blues.
- Daniel Briere and his son were in a nasty car accident this morning. Luckily, they are both doing just fine. NBC Philadelphia has more.
- The New Jersey Devils have promoted assistant coach John MacLean to head coach. Story at NHL.com.
- The Detroit Red Wings have resigned Todd Bertuzzi for 2 more years. More at NHL.com. (h/t to Beantown for the fanshot last night)
- Many teams have already been releasing their preseason schedules today. I'm keeping a look out for ours, or at least any mention of other teams facing the Canucks.
- Added just after: The following tweet from an economic development lady in Glendale, Arizona: "Ice Edge Holdings has submitted proof of financing to Glendale today to buy the Phoenix Coyotes, group official says."
- Added: Busy day for the Blues, eh? They just sent their prospect Julian Talbot to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for prospect T.J. Hensick.
- Added: Via Coyotes PR, Adrian Aucoin has been resigned to a 2-year deal. UPDATE: I should've waited just 1 more minute for the official press release.
- Added on Friday: Found a trace of our preseason schedule!!! On September 21st, the Canucks and Flames are splitting the squads in half, and are having 2 games at once (one in Calgary, one in Vancouver) to kick off the Flames' preseason. Interesting.....
Added on Friday: A possible exchange of coaches? Winnipeg Free Press reports that the Manitoba Moose have offered Claude Noel the head coach job, who filled in for Hitchcock as the Blue Jackets head coach for the remainder of the 09-10 season.
That's all for now. Back to work, you hooligans.