(Just a quick warning: I drafted this last night immediately after the game, so it's bold and angry...)
What the bloody hell was that? I spent the 1st period and the beginning of the 2nd period in class streaming CBCSports.ca on mute, then had to catch the bus home after that.. By the time I got home, it was 4-2 for the Blackhawks and (pardon my language) fucking Dustin Byfuglien was trying to get a hat trick. Seriously, what the hell happened? The Canucks have a 2-game homestand here, they need to be using it to their advantage! Instead, they let the Blackhawks take the 2-1 series lead. Seriously, the little bit of the game I was able to watch with sound was enough for me to be clenching my fists by the end of the game. If the Canucks don't redeem themselves tomorrow night, they're going to be in seriously deep trouble.
Links after the jump.
- Recaps of last night's 5-2..... ugh, I don't even know what word to use to describe it.... (NHL, Nucks Misconduct, Copper & Blue, Canucks, Vancouver Sun, Second City Hockey)
- Bruins won 4-1 to take a 3-0 series lead and push the Flyers to the edge of elimination. (NHL, Stanley Cup Of Chowder, Broad Street Hockey)
- Today, at 4:00 pm PST, the Penguins will try to push the Canadiens to the edge of elimination. (NHL, Pensburgh, Habs Eyes on the Prize)
- Also, at 4:30 pm PST, the Sharks will attempt to eliminate the Red Wings for only the 2nd time in franchise history. (NHL, Fear the Fin, Winging it in Motown)
- I don't even want to talk about the 3 stars of the night..... (Puck Daddy)
- Damn, GM Place needs to become more menacing. (Puck Daddy)
- Some post-game reaction. (CanucksTV: AV, Luie, Burr, Hoff, Quenneville, Ugly Buffy. HawksTV: Auntie, "Captain Marvel", Keith)
- Hey look, SCH is now also welcoming a lass into their publishing crew. Congrats to GMH, some fellow dame I'm not sure if I've even met yet... (Second City Hockey)
- Looking at names that just make you think "hockey". (From The Rink)
- Chemmy dissects a Toronto Star article about Habs-mania sweeping Leaf territory.... (Pension Plan Puppets)
- Ooh look, a new award for NHL GM of the Year. It will be presented at the Stanley Cup Final, anf the first nominees are George McPhee for the Capitals, Don Maloney for the Coyotes, and David Poile for the Predators. (NHL, h/t to Yankee)
If you find more links, throw them in the comments as always.