Well, that was a good game last night. Basically, the Canucks did everything I asked them to do in my series prediction! We had a goal from each of the 4 lines, and another from defense. The 1 goal Roberto Luongo let in couldn't really be blamed on anyone, because the puck slid through underneath Luie, and Patrick Kane got to the loose puck first and tucked it in. Although that was a good game for the Canucks, there is one small issue to address: the Blackhawks didn't show up to play. We're used to seeing it the other way around. Be warned, though: don't get too cocky now, since the next game won't be that easy. The good folk at Second City Hockey have already warned us that the Hawks will come out with a vengeance tomorrow night to redeem theirselves for their horrible Game 1 play. Remember, there's 7 games in a series for a reason....
Links after the jump.
- Recaps of our 5-1 win. (NHL, Second City Hockey, Canucks, Yahoo, Vancouver Sun, Copper & Blue)
- Marc Savard made his return from injury in a big way and scored the OT winner as the Bruins win a 5-4 thriller over the Flyers. (NHL, Stanley Cup of Chowder, Broad Street Hockey)
- Penguins host the Canadiens for Game 2 in an 11:00am PST matinee. (NHL, Pensburgh, Habs Eyes On The Prize)
- Sharks host the Red Wings in their Game 2 tonight as well, at 5:00 pm PST. (NHL, Fear The Fin, Winging It In Motown)
- What? Only 2nd star of the night? Well, on the other hand, Savard's return was probably more of a story than Luongo's near-shutout.... (Puck Daddy)
- Something I missed yesterday: 10 things to know about our series. (Puck Daddy)
- Some pics of our boys from the road. (Canucks: Day 1, Day 2)
- Looking at what to take from each of the Game 1's this round. (THN)
- For everyone who missed it the other day, Don Cherry freaking out about the fan-mail the iDesk was reading. (SBNation)
- Speaking of Sour Grapes, here's Coach's Corner for those of you who missed it last night. (YouTube)
If you find more links, throw them in the comments.