So what do we need to do for next year? Here's the blueprint for the Beantown plan. I'm game to hear anyone else's thoughts.
1. Mitchell gets healthy (hopefully) and we re-sign him (hopefully just a slight +salary)
2. Trade Bieksa for a draft pick (maybe 4 round, 3 if lucky, but hell even 5 or 6) and a low-salary-hit competent depth d-man. (-salary)
3. Bye to Demo (-salary)
4. Bye to Wellfed (-salary)
5. Bye to Hordisuck (-salary)
6. Throw money at BC boy Hamhuis (+ a lot of salary)
7. Re-sign Raymond (+salary)
8. Sign veteran, defensively competent 4th line banger (+salary)
9. Dump Alberts for almost anything if possible. Buy him out if not. (-salary)
10. Dump Bernier for almost anything if possible. Maybe include in deal with Alberts? Ha Buy him out if need be. (-salary)
11. Allow Raycroft to move on to greener pastures, bring up CoSchneids (i think that's a slight +salary)
12. Lu gives up captaincy to refocus. Kes is named captain. Mitchell, Salo, Hank remain alternates.
13. Keep AV and MG.
Ryp-Balls-New 4th line banger
Callups: Shirok (if he stays) Schroeder for top 2.5 lines, Bolduc for 4th line
Extra: New depth guy, Romer
Callups: Oberg, Nycholat, Baumer (if we keep either of last two),
Luongo, Schneider (who actually plays 20-25 games)