Prepare for the death of the King. (via cartoonstock.com)
Well, tonight is a big night for the Canucks. If they can win this game, they will eliminate the Kings and move on to the 2nd round of the playoffs. If they lose, we return to GM Place on Tuesday to play Game 7 and finish the series there. Ideally, the boys will finish it tonight, in order to get a couple extra days to rest up for the next round. What will be interesting to see is whether or not the Canucks can repeat Friday's performance. This time will most definitely be harder, since the Kings will be trying to get vengeance for that 7-2 shellacking, and the Staples Center crowd isn't nearly as Canuck-friendly as GM Place. Brace yourselves now: Game 6 is tonight.
Links after the jump.
- Marian Hossa scores the OT winner as the Blackhawks beat the Predators 5-4 in a thriller that gives Chicago a 3-2 series lead. (NHL, On The Forecheck, Second City Hockey)
- Pascal Dupuis scored the OT winner as the Penguins won 4-3 to eliminate the Senators and move on to the next round. (NHL, Pensburgh, Silver Seven)
- Sharks win 5-2 to eliminate the Avalanche and move on to the next round as well. (NHL, Fear The Fin, Mile High Hockey, Battle of California)
- Previews for tonight's Canucks-Kings game. (NHL, Canucks, Battle of California, Nucks Misconduct, more will come later on today)
- Only one other game today: an 11:00 am PST matinee, where the Red Wings will attempt to eliminate the Coyotes. (NHL, Winging it in Motown, Five For Howling) (PS: be sure to stop by their gamethreads later, both are quite friendly communities)
- The eulogies are back! First up: the New Jersey Devils. (Puck Daddy)
- Next eulogy is for the Avalanche. (Puck Daddy)
- So, where did the puck go? Antti Niemi made the save, but then it disappeared...... (Puck Daddy)
- A game plan for the Oilers this summer. (TSN)
- A good read about Pavol Demitra (The Province, h/t to nucklinBadger)
- Scum fans arrested for throwing octopi. Ah, sweet success.... (Puck Daddy)
Throw any more links you find in the comments.