Rick Rypien bulldozing a guy? Shane O`Brien fighting Wayne Simmonds? Mikael Samuelsson tying franchise playoff records? A 7-2 shellacking of the Kings? Chasing Jonathon Quick out of net only to have him need to return after 2 of the next 4 shots were goals? Andrew Alberts getting more points than Alexandre Burrows? Damn it, I missed one hell of a game! After the first period, I went downtown to go clubbing with my friend and a bunch of her friends. Although there were televisions at the bars, I wasn't able to closely watch, although I did notice a few goals and a 7-2 final. Well, that's a good way to face Game 5 when the series is tied up, so let's see if the Canucks can repeat this effort in Game 6 on Sunday night. If they do, it could be the end of the series...... :)
Links after the jump.
- Recaps of the slaughter. (NHL, Nucks Misconduct, Battle of California, Jewels from the Crown, Canucks, Kings, Vancouver Sun)
Canadiens edged the Capitals 2-1 to force a Game 6. (NHL, Japer's Rink, Habs Eyes on the Prize)
Sabres beat Bruins 4-1 to also force a Game 6. (NHL, Stanley Cup of Chowder, Die By The Blade)
Red Wings outplayed Coyotes 4-1 to take a 3-2 series lead back to Detroit. (NHL, Winging It In Motown)
- Today's schedule: Blackhawks and Predators will break the series tie in a 12:00 PST matinee, Penguins can eliminate Senators at 4:00, and Sharks can eliminate Avalanche at 7:00. (NHL)
- Quick summary: Canucks were good, Kings were really bad. (Puck Daddy)
- Is it the end of the Devils long-lasting dominance? (THN)
- Oh where, oh where will Ilya Kovalchuk end up? (Puck Daddy)
Zdeno Chara had his automatic suspension rescinded by the NHL this morning after he got an instigation penalty at the end of the 3rd period in last night's game. (NHL)
- Manitoba Moose won 5-2 last night against the Hamilton Bulldogs to force a Game 6, which will happen Sunday night. (Moose)
If you find any more links, throw them in the comments.