Well, tonight is Game 5, and fortunately for the Canucks, the series is even at 2 games a piece. After a horrible Game 3, the boys started making drastic improvements, including taking a few less penalties, actually killing off a few of them, and finding ways to finally score a bit. Tonight, they are back at GM Place, and there is still lots of room for improvement. The Kings powerplay is still a strong force that needs to be shut down, and Roberto Luongo still has lots of critics he needs to prove wrong. As for our offense, they need to figure out how to get sustained pressure in the Kings' end of the ice. Hopefully, the home crowd will be able to help keep the momentum on the good side.
Links after the jump.
PS: This is going above the jump to make sure everyone sees it. Lots of people have been continuously asking in the last while why we're not calling up Brad Lukowich. The answer is simple: he underwent shoulder surgery and is out for the rest of the season. Now please stop asking.
- Senators win 4-3 in 3rd OT to hang on in their series against the Penguins. (NHL, Pensburgh, Silver Seven)
- Brian Boucher gets a shutout as Flyers eliminate Devils with a score of 3-0 and move on. (NHL, Broad Street Hockey, In Lou We Trust)
- Antti Niemi gets a shutout as well as the Blackhawks even their series with the Predators with a score of 3-0. (NHL, On The Forecheck, Second City Hockey)
- Wow, was that last shutout mania or something? Evgeni Nabokov gets one as well as the Sharks beat the Avalanche 5-0 to take a 3-2 series lead. (NHL, Mile High Hockey, Fear The Fin)
- Today's schedule: Capitals can eliminate Canadiens, Bruins can eliminate Sabres, Red Wings and Coyotes are back to square 1, and Canucks host the Kings. (NHL)
- Previews for our Game 5. (NHL, Yahoo, TSN, Canucks)
- This year's Norris nominees are Drew Doughty, Mike Green and Duncan Keith. (NHL)
- A look at multiple-OT playoff games. (Puck Daddy)
- Ron and Grapes look at the video released by the NHL about kicked-in goals. Let me just say something here: if I hear any more about Canucks fans calling conspiracy, I will flip my lid. (h/t to thelastjohnny)
- Lawrence Nycholat has been called up to the Canucks. No surprise here. (Winnipeg Free Press)
- This morning's live Canucks practice can be watched here at 10:30 PST. (CanucksTV)
- Talking to Mikael Samuelsson after Wednesday night's victory. (CanucksTV)
- The Habs are encouraging their fans to get rid of counterfeit jerseys. (Puck Daddy)
- Speaking of the Habs, here's one extremely pissed off fan. (Habs Eyes on the Prize)
- Some Maple Leafs fans up to some more photoshop hilarity.... (Pension Plan Puppets)
- Tonight is also Game 5 for the Manitoba Moose against the Hamilton Bulldogs. The Moose are currently losing that series 3-1, and are 1 loss away from elimination. (Moose)
- Happy 33rd birthday to Willie Mitchell. Here's a birthday wish for you: please come back soon! We need you!
- Finally, for those of you who didn't get to see it, here's the clip of Shane O'Brien flipping out Wednesday night. (YouTube)
If you find any more links, throw them in the comments.