Well, that game didn't turn out the way we were expecting last night. Sure, it would have been absolutely lovely to win another game 3-2 in overtime, but once again that stupid knob on the end of Roberto Luongo's stick got in the way. For goodness sake, that's 2 games in a row now where that knob has become an overtime issue. Game 1, it got stuck in Luie's pads and he was just able to get it out in time to set up for the next rush. Game 2, it deflects in Anze Kopitar's game winning goal. Roberto, Canucks fan nation begs of you to chop off that knob!
Another knob that didn't help at all last night was Andrew Alberts. Seriously, he's already taken 5 penalties in 2 playoff games for us, and it just so happens that 4 of 5 Kings goals are scored on the powerplay. Coincidence? Sure, maybe they've figured out how to beat our penalty kill (speaking of which, we really need Ryan Johnson back), but the best kind of penalty kill is to stay out of the box in the first place.
Links after the jump.
- Recaps of last night's 3-2 OT loss to the Kings. (NHL, Yahoo, Nucks Misconduct, Jewels from the Crown, THN, Vancouver Sun, The Globe and Mail, Copper and Blue)
- NAndrei Kostitsyn both had hat tricks, and Alex Ovechkin got 4 points as the Capitals edged out the Canadiens 6-5 in OT. (NHL, Japer's Rink, Habs Eyes On The Prize) and
- Zdeno Chara shows up to play as Bruins outbattle Sabres 5-3. (NHL, Stanley Cup of Chowder, Die By The Blade)
- Today's schedule: Coyotes-Red Wings matinee at 12:00 PST, Flyers-Devils at 3:00, Penguins-Senators at 3:30, Blackhawks-Predators at 5:30, and Sharks-Avalanche at 6:30. (NHL)
- Mikael Samuelsson is good, Andrew Alberts is bad, and Anze Kopitar is ugly. (Puck Daddy)
- Someone read through our gamethread last night, and probably had a few good laughs while they were at it. (Jewels from the Crown)
- TSN is probably firing someone today.... (SBNation)
- If you guys aren't following Dan Ellis and Jordin Tootoo on Twitter, you're missing out. Not only are they pretty funny on their own, but they've been picking on each other a lot in the last 24 hours. (dellis39, Jtootoo22)
- On a serious note, Taylor Pyatt finally speaks to the press about Carly's death and moving on. (TSN)
- Oh look, another "History Will Be Made" parody. (Five For Howling)
- Reffing conspiracy? You see, after last year's idiotic catastrophe, this is why I generally ignore this newspaper.... Except for Botchford's Twitter feed, he's the only good part. (The Province)
- Manitoba Moose fell 8-2 yesterday as Hamilton Bulldogs take a 2-0 lead in the series. (Moose)
That's all I've found so far. Throw any more links into the comments.