Allow me to indulge and be a puck bunny for a minute, because this gorgeous hunk deserves some attention. For those of you who are amazingly unfamiliar with him, this is our very own Alexander Edler. Drafted by the Canucks in 2004, he started playing for this team in the 2006-2007 season. During his first couple years in the NHL, he learned a lot from his mentor, fellow Swede Mattias Ohlund. When Papa Bear Ohlie went off to Tampa Bay last summer, Edler was pretty much forced to take over his responsibilities as one of the team's top defencemen. Although he has struggled a bit over this regular season, he has shown us he is ready for the role. Proof of this came last night, where his plays were very Ohlund-esque (see Ohlie examples here and here). In my own opinion, and I know a few ladies out there would agree with me, Alex is by far one of the hottest Canucks, if not the hottest.
Links after the jump.
- Recaps of last night's super-incredible game. (NHL,THN, Vancouver Sun, Jewels from the Crown, Nucks Misconduct)
- Montreal Canadiens beat the Washington Capitals 3-2 in overtime. Seriously? (NHL)
- Buffalo Sabres outduel the Boston Bruins 2-1. (NHL)
- Today's schedule. Penguins host Senators, Devils host Flyers, Blackhawks host Predators, Coyotes host Red Wings, and Sharks host Avalanche. (NHL)
- Samuelsson tops 3 Stars, and Alberts is an extremely dishonourable mention. (Puck Daddy)
- Speaking of Alberts, some people want him back on the ice ASAP..... (Battle of California)
- It's the playoffs. Even the Green Men up their ante. (Puck Daddy)
- 5 things learned so far in 2 days of playoff hockey. Ooh look, the Canucks are involved in 2 of them! (ESPN)
- The opening video from the Jumbotron for last night's game. Epic. (CanucksTV)
- Manitoba Moose got shut down 2-0 by the Hamilton Bulldogs in Game 1. (Moose)
- A tentative TV schedule has been found for the Stanley Cup Finals. Damn, there won't be a game on my birthday! (Sports Media Watch, via Puck Daddy)
That's all I've found so far. If you find more links, throw them in the comments.