So, just the other day, I was pointing out the #ThrowTheSnake phenomenon on Twitter. Five For Howling's overlord Travis Hair was planning to attend Game 1 of the Coyotes-Wings game last night, and Pension Plan Puppets overlord Chemmy suggested that he throw a snake on the ice in rebellion to Detroit's infamous octopus tradition. Well, when this got on Twitter, the idea's popularity exploded. The ultimate zenith occured in the 1st period of last night's game, when the Coyotes scored and a snake ended up on the ice. Later on, TSN discussed this phenomenon during their 1st intermission, and CBC did the same a short while later:
Ultimate victory right here, ladies and gentlemen.
Links after the jump.
- Senators jump ahead and hold the lead while the Penguins fall 5-4. (NHL)
- Brian Boucher proves stronger as Flyers beat Devils 2-1. (NHL)
- The snakes empowered a comeback win over the Coyotes over the Red Wings. (NHL)
- The Sharks didn't show up to play, and the Avalanche edge them out 2-1. (NHL)
- Today's schedule. Canadiens host the Capitals, Sabres host Bruins, Canucks host Kings, and
Blackhawks host Predatorsone last series starts tomorrow. (NHL)
- Canucks-Kings game 1 previews. (NHL,Yahoo, Canucks, TSN, Nucks Misconduct)
- Any remaining round 1 previews out there? (Nucks Misconduct, LAK, THN, Vancouver Sun, Jewels from the Crown)
- So, here's a good question: which game of the series is most important? (Canucks)
- This Canucks team thinks they're like no other. (NHL)
- Kings need a hollywood script in order to win. (Bleacher Report)
- Jonas Gustavsson has agreed to a 2 year deal with the Maple Leafs. (TSN)
- Jochen Hecht of the Sabres is out indefinitely after finger surgery. (TSN)
- Sorry, Quisp, but this would have been funnier if it came out before that other article a week ago. (Jewels from the Crown)
If you find more links, throw them in the comments. GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!