The good news: we won last night. The bad news: it was still a pretty sloppy game. We may have outshot them 40-20, but they were easily outdoing us for finish. We were lucky the boys pulled off another 3rd-period comeback to force overtime. Also, Roberto Luongo did much better in the shootout than the other times this year, blanking all 3 Ducks players while Jeff Tambellini scored the shootout winner on Jonas Hiller. Although we managed to squeak out a win, I still want to see better play (especially in their own end) on Saturday.
Links after the jump.
- Added: While Brendan Morrison and Marc Crawford talk to the Province about the Markus Naslund jersey retirement. BMo will be making the trip, but Todd Bertuzzi can't, due to having to play that night.
- Canucks.com recap of last night's game.
- Wednesday's scores, and Thursday's schedule. Okay, Sidney Crosby, you can stop any time now....
Conference standings. Hey, Penguins: follow the same advice I just gave Sid.
- Yes, the rumours are true: it's possible that Dion Phaneuf could return to the Maple Leafs lineup tonight.
- Hey look, Ryan Kesler topped Puck Daddy's 3 Stars last night :)
- THN can't help but notice how Milan Lucic is becoming more and more like Cam Neely.
Markus Naslund was on Team1040 this morning, and the Province transcribed a few of his thoughts on the jersey retirement.