YOUR CANUCKS NEWS
- Sami Salo is just about ready to begin skating again after suffering no setbacks with his Achilles tendon in any of his workouts at the gym. Sami is excited, management is going to have to clear cap space. (The Province)
- Gordon McIntyre of the Province is confused why Alain Vigneault gave Aaron Rome more ice time (including PP ice time) than Keith Ballard. Good question. I thought Ballard looked pretty good last night and is steadily improving.
- "Dude, I can see your package." There was a poem about the green men that never made the final cut for Luongo's poetry segment. Beyond that line the poem remains a mystery.
- Bill Guerin announced today that he is retiring after 18 NHL seasons. (TSN) What a feisty, skilled and successful player. 2 Stanley Cup wins (Pittsburgh and New Jersey). His performance in the 1995 Devils Cup run was impressive at a younger age, and he was pretty damned good as an older player for the Pens' run.
- The NHL's salary cap could rise by $3 million if the players exercise their 5% inflator right. (Globe and Mail).
- HBO cameramen will be following the Penguins and Capitals around as a
I'm stealing this video idea from St. Louis Game Time. Yes, dogs are way f*cking better than cats: