Ginger Jesus got the nod in net for tomorrow night, as Luie rushed to Florida for yesterday's birth of baby boy Gianni Antonio Luongo. (Photo by Rich Lam/Getty Images)
Well, tomorrow night is a pretty fun game. A New Year's Eve matchup against the Stars? How can it go wrong? These two teams have a bit of history, particularily from the 2007 playoffs. Our last meeting against Dallas was last January, and I still vividly recall Alexandre Burrows embarrassing ex-Canuck Alex Auld (who was filling in for Marty Turco that evening). This time around, Kari Lehtonen and ex-Canuck Andrew Raycroft are the Texan goalies. Word from Defending Big D is that Lehtonen will be in net for Dallas. Damn, we won't get to see Rayzor vs Cory Schneider. Also of note is that the Stars played horribly last night, losing 7-3 to the Red Wings with a 0% PP and 0% PK. Is this the beginning of a bad streak for them, or will they bounce back against us?
- Added (4:39 pm PST): Pass It to Bulis rounds out their top 50 series with the top 10 Canucks goals of 2010.
- Wednesday's results, Thursday's progress, and Friday's schedule. Yes, it's true, the Islanders shut down Sidney Crosby's point streak last night.
- Conference standings. And Detroit keeps their lead on the West....
- Well, here's a bit of news: Sami Salo has returned to full practice. And so has Mason Raymond.
- Trevor Linden has been awarded the Order of Canada. Congrats, Trevor! (h/t eightyseven)
- Some early scouting thoughts from the World Junior Hockey Championships in Buffalo.
- A quick recap (relax, not enough specific details for spoilers) of last night's HBO "24/7" episode. As Wysh tweeted last night (and I agree with this): "Hey, @NHL and @HBO - Take 1 game every month. Do what you did for Capitals/Penguins. We will watch it. Promise."
- Speaking of the Winter Classic, it isn't just another Sid vs Ovi battle.
- Puck Daddy ranks the top 10 jersey fouls of 2010.
- Puck Daddy also ranks the top 10 hockey goals of 2010. I was there for #2.
- Tanner Glass talks about the holidays.