Well, I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday festivities yesterday. As I've said before, I was quite pleased to see that my boyfriend gave me a white stick-in-rink Canucks jersey as a present. There were a couple other small Canucks things among my gifts, including a 4 GB flashdrive, a beach towel, and a pink-and-white striped Canucks toque with matching gloves. Anyways, today is Boxing Day, which means that the World Juniors kick off with a 1:00 pm PST matchup between Canada and Russia on TSN. Also this evening is our 3rd annual Boxing Day matchup with the Oilers.
Canucks.com preview for tonight's game. Game starts at 6:00 pm PST on Sportsnet Pacific.
Today's schedule. Some help from the Wild and Coyotes would be handy tonight.
- Conference standings. And this is why that help from Minny and Phoenix would be handy.
- Milan Lucic will be having a disciplinary hearing today for punching Freddie Meyers during a game on Thursday night. UPDATE: At 10:05 am PST from Dreger: "No suspension. $2500 + $1000 fines for Lucic's actions vs Thrashers on Thursday."
- Predictions and a look at each of the teams in the World Juniors.
- Looking back at hockey's top 10 stories of 2010.
- Henrik Sedin and Daniel Sedin really fly under the radar as one of the league's most dynamic duos.
It's harder to be a backup goalie than it appears.