Publisher's note: Relax, everyone, I'm still here. I just worked 8-hour shifts for the last 4 days, and didn't have the time to post since last week. However, I now have an easy patch (only the one 4-hour shift tomorrow) until Boxing Day, so there'll be a couple posts from me.
Well, we play in Detroit today. This game comes at an interesting time for the Western Conference lead, which makes tonight's game a must-win if we want to hold 1st in the West for Christmas. Of course, this grudge match is between the Canucks, Stars and Red Wings, with Colorado also trying to steal our NW lead. At the moment, Dallas holds the lead with 45 points, Detroit is 2nd with 44, and Vancouver has 42. (Colorado is also at 42, but has more games played). If we win tonight, we can tie Detroit at 44, and tomorrow will have all 3 playing their last games before Christmas. If we lose tonight, though, we will completely lose our chance at the conference lead for Christmas, and we also lose a game in hand on Colorado. In short, we need to win tonight. So, let's see a Canuck embarass Pavel Datsyuk again.
- Canucks.com preview of the game. Game starts at 4:30 on TSN.
Last night's scores, and today's schedule. Hey look, the Capitals are winning again.
- Conference standings. You know, despite having more points in general, the Eastern leaders still don't have as nice a points-per-game rate as the Western leaders, still too many games played over there. Seriously, Detroit and Washington are tied for points, and Detroit has 4 less games.....
Toronto police have arrested a waffle-thrower. Puck Daddy has analysis of the situation.
- How are the Avalanche doing so well at the salary cap floor?
- Who's the best Russian in the game right now? Some support for Datsyuk.
Some people to thank for their contributions to the hockey world this year.
- Cory Schneider talks about his journey to the NHL.
- ADDED: Joe Pelletier from Greatest Hockey Legends.com has a post up about classic Canucks Christmas cards that you'll want to check out.