Since the Canucks have another day off, and I have nothing to ramble about, I'm going to mix it up a bit: Canucks links before the jump, and the rest of the NHL after. Here are your Canucks links for today (yes, I know, lots about tomorrow night):
Added (6:23): So, you really think we were done for the night? From the Moose on Twitter: "Jordan Schroeder hurt early in the game and won't return to the ice tonight." The game log at the Moose website says he hurt his right leg. You know, this is starting to get ridiculous....
- Added (2:09): According to the man Botchford on Twitter, it appears Cody Hodgson has a fractured cheek bone. Holy hell! He will miss several games with that.
Added: Kristin Reid and Jason Botchford both confirm that Mason Raymond has a broken thumb, and will be listed as week-to-week. Damn, that sucks. Dan Murphy has added that is will likely be 2 weeks.
Added: From Kristin Reid on Twitter: "Cory Schneider confirms he'll start Saturday versus the Lightning". Dan Murphy confirms, also saying that Samuelsson and Andrew Alberts will be in, while Raymond and Ehrhoff will be out.
- So, it sounds like Christian Ehrhoff will be missing a few games due to an injured ear.
- Some bad new down in Manitoba: Cody Hodgson was clipped in the face at practice yesterday, and won't play with the Moose tonight in Oklahoma City. (h/t to Nanodummy for the fanshot)
Not trying to steal Sean's thunder or anything, but Ryan Parent has been called up from Manitoba.
Today at 12:00pm PST, CanucksTV will be having a roundtable discussion reflecting on Markus Naslund's time with the Canucks.
**LIVE NOW, WATCH HERE**(over now)
- It was a challenge to decide what Nazzy's top 5 goals were.
- Everyone is sharing some memories of Nazzy. Interviews from Henrik, Daniel, Edler, Kesler, Morrison, Manny, Bieksa & Raymond (this is a fun one), Luongo, Sammy, trainer Roger Takahashi, assistant coach Rick Bowness, and even Fin.
Rest of the NHL after the jump.
Added: 23 busloads of Québec Nordiques fans are storming the Islanders-Thrashers game at the Nassau Coliseum
tonighttomorrow night (sorry, just noticed the typo). (h/t to Semi)
Thursday's results, and Friday's schedule. Geez, how often do you see the Panthers shutting out the Capitals?
Conference standings. You know, I'm still not used to seeing the Sharks out of a playoff spot....
- Martin Brodeur is returning to the Devils line-up tonight.
Alex Kovalev is feeling singled out for the struggling the Senators are going through right now.
- Duncan Keith reflects on the outdoor hockey game he played in Michigan back in his college days. This game he played in helped inspire the recent trend of outdoor hockey classics.
- Pierre LeBrun looks at how approaches to reporting concussion symptoms can vary depending on language and culture.
A signed Justin Bieber Stanley Cup hockey card? Shoot me now.