Stormin' cross country. (Photo by Rich Lam/Getty Images)
What a happy sports weekend. I topped it off by taking in my second NFL game with Raiders nation in Oakland, Calif. Crappy weather but well worth the experience. Fearsome fan factor = they got it.
Canucks are taking their winning streak on the road starting off in Montreal tomorrow. In the meantime, some links.
- Ryan Parent sticks with the team as the 7th defenseman; Hamhuis almost ready? [Province]
- The icetime for our bottom three defenseman on Saturday: Rome (19:05), Alberts (17:07) & Ballard (12:06). [Sun]
- This road trip is homecoming time for Luongo, Burrows, Torres & Malhotra. [Province]
- We're catching Montreal at a good time: Gomez has disappeared [Montreal Gazette] and Gionta followed him [Montreal Gazette].
- Practice your French. I think it's a positive piece. [Canoe]
- A few days old, but a good interview with Jeff Tambellini. [Winnipeg Free Press]
- Our third line is all over the Fanhouse's tops of the week. [NHL Fanhouse]
- Hell hath frozen over: Darcy Hordichuk scored. [Province]
- Willie Mitchell is scheduled to have a MRI on his arm today.[LA Times]
- Curious what the height and weight of the average NHL'er is? [Behind The Net]
- Alert: The Blues aren't bad. [KSDK] But the Hawks? Hmm... [SCH]
- Lastly, for the off topic: have you?