Ah, the Calgary Flames. We all love to hate this team. And while we've been worrying about maintaining our lead over the Northwest division, our Albertan rivals have plummeted to 14th in the Western Conference. (Also of funny note is that the only team worse than them in the conference is the Oilers). Tomorrow night, the Canucks will visit the Saddledome and take on our bitter enemy for the first time this season.
Something I constantly notice is that our games against the Flames are either goaltending clinics or blowouts. When they are goalie clinics, we get Roberto Luongo and Miikka Kiprusoff pulling off saves that leave everyone speechless. When they are blowouts, we have one of the teams running up the score and chasing the opposing goalie (which is especially fun when it's us). Whatever happens, one thing is clear: when Vancouver and Calgary face off, it's gonna be a barnburner.
Links after the jump.
- Added: Newest Canucks Report. Manny Malhotra is feeling better, Alexandre Bolduc is close to returning, and the boys are ready to hit the road.
Monday's results, Tuesday's action, and Wednesday's schedule. Kipper's coming off a shutout, how peachy keen....
- Conference standings. Uhoh, Kipper's shutout last night got the Flames back within 5 points of us....
- So much for all the rumours about Tomas Fleischmann for Kevin Bieksa: the Capitals traded Flash to the Avalanche for Scott Hannan today.
- The Flyers have sent Michael Leighton down to the AHL for conditioning.
- How well do the others know Dan Hamhuis?
- Looking at the connection between the Sharks and Red Wings.
- And Maclean's "Newsmaker of the Year" title goes to.... Sidney Crosby. That doesn't surprise me one bit.
- Down of the farm: The Moose take on the Chicago Wolves tonight. Also, here's the video of that dangerous Aaron Volpatti hit I was talking about from Saturday night's game against the Heat.