It just keeps getting better and better for the Leafs....
As entertaining as last night's game was, a 3-0 lead was blown. The Canucks sat back in the 3rd and after Luongo couldn't cover the puck in a scramble and it was pushed through his legs for the 3-2 goal, the team again lost it's composure, with Gilbert Brule ripping a one-timer top shelf to tie it moments later. It doesn't have to be this way. Vancouver needed to be a bit more aggressive when up 3-0 and 3-1 but where not. If they are not going to do that, then they have to play consistent shut down hockey and kill the clock.
Props to Alexandre Burrows for making a spirited comeback. He looked great out there, hitting guys, getting a couple of shots/chances and making superb passes. Gary Valk said postgame (amidst all his hand gestures) that Burr will be sore for the next game and he is probably right as that was his first game back. Burrows' post game interview can be found here.
- Iain MacIntyre explains why it makes sense that Jeff Tambellini was sent down to the Moose. (The Vancouver Sun)
- Manny Malhotra is leading the NHL in faceoff percentage. (NHL.com)
- I am hearing that it's not Dan Hamhuis' foot that is bothering him, but rather his toe.
- More after the jump
- Zach Parise will miss 3 months with a knee injury that has been bothering him for the past couple of months. (TSN)
- Dion Phaneuf should consider himself lucky that the laceration in his leg is going to keep him out of the Leafs' line up for 4-6 weeks. (TSN) Just ask Bieksa.
- Did you read this a couple days ago? Bobby Holik doesn't have many nice things to say about the Devils signing Ilya Kovalchuk to that massive deal. (TSN) Like he should talk. What insane contract did the Rangers sign him to again back in the day?
- Drew Doughty (concussion) has been cleared to play. (LA Times). Willie's gonna love that.
- An excerpt from Bob Probert's autobiography: Tough Guy: My Life On The Edge. A must read. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Check out Tim Thomas' game by game stats for October. Oh my. He was named the NHL's second star for the month of October. Make no mistake though, the Bruins' team D is doing a hell of a job.
- With Danny Briere serving a suspension, the Flyers called up Eric Wellwood from the farm. Eric is the brother of Kyle. (Philly.com)
- Penguins coach Michel Therrien on the hot seat after lousy Penguins start. (Pittsburghlive.com)