It's Tuesday. The Canucks last played on Sunday, losing to the Coyotes. That loss has been dissected to the point where we have discovered that this team has problems right now. After a lovely streak of 6 straight wins, Vancouver has suddenly crashed to a streak of horrible play stretching out over 6 of their last 7. Seriously, what the hell happened? The Canucks have suddenly lost all effort in their game. They need to fix this immediately, if they expect to take back the Northwest division lead from the Avalanche. And what better timing to get started than tomorrow, when the Canucks host Colorado.
Links after the jump.
- Monday's scores, and Wednesday's schedule. The only game this evening is the Coyotes and Oilers, right now on TSN.
- Conference standings. If we lose tomorrow night, there's a good chance we could drop to 12th in the conference.
- Rankings as of Monday for the All-Star voting ballots.
- Tomorrow night, Kirk McLean will join Orland Kurtenbach in the Ring of Honour.
- A look at how blow-out games are all about the statistics.
- Can the Panthers recapture the magic they had a decade ago?
- Last week's NHL 3 Stars were Rick Nash, John-Michael Liles, and Brian Rafalski.
Down in the AHL: Lots of analytical pieces on the Moose players right now. Jeff Tambellini is trying to find whether he is AHL or NHL quality, while Mario Bliznak is coming along well. Jonas Andersson is happy to be playing in North America again, while Jason Pitton has been released from his PTO with the Moose. Manitoba is currently 3rd in their division.
Down in the ECHL: Victoria have added 2 new players to their team today. They are ex-NHL forward Garth Murray and ECHL-level defenseman Gord Burnett. Also, David Shantz has been named the ECHL's goalie of the week. They are 3rd in their conference.