COYOTES (9-5-5) vs CANUCKS (10-5-3)
GAME TIME: 6:00 PST
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
09/10 RECORD HEAD TO HEAD: 2-0-2 Canucks
LAST MEETING: March 30, 2010: 4-1 Canucks
If this pregame is even shorter than the last one it is because I'm in Vancouver, wandering the streets, picking fights, beating on the homeless and getting in and out of jail. Yankee and I will be attending this game live and taking a lot of pictures to document the experience. The Canucks are 3-1 in games that I have attended live. Every game I have witnessed live has been awesome:
- Messier-Nemchinov-Kovalev destroying the Canucks in the mid 90's was sad, but an exciting game.
-Anson Carter playing with the Sedins to beat on Calgary
-Trevor Linden's final great game in his career as he dominated in a win over the Flames. He was the first star of the game and we drowned out his post game interview with Dan Murphy with chants of "Trevor! Trevor!"
-Sami Salo scoring the OT winner in a come-from-behind win over the Red Wings 2 seasons ago. Temujin and I talked to Dave Babych after the game and ran into Pavol Demitra the next day on Robson. Screw you, Demitra.
- Phoenix had a 4-3-3 record in September but a 6-1-2 record in November. They are heating up. Let me rephrase that: THEY ARE THE HOTTEST TEAM IN THE NHL! They have won 5 straight games.
- The Coyotes are middle-of-the-pack in the NHL for most team stats except: 28th in shots against per game, they have not won a game when outshooting their opponent, are solid in the faceoff circle. However, Phoenix has scored 5 power play goals in their last 3 games.
- There is not one spectacular scorer on the Coyotes team, rather, they score by committee.
- Watch out for this guy.
- Coyotes captain Shane Doan (lower body injury) may return to the lineup against the Canucks. He has not played since November 5.
- The Dogs were down 3-0 to the Oilers on Friday but came back and won 4-3 in a shootout. Ray Whitney had 3 assists and Radim Vrbata (love that name) had a goal and 2 assists.
The last time these 2 teams played each other:
Ed Jovanovski's first career hat trick occurred this season (too bad nobody was there to see it):
Burrows! His 2nd straight Hatty came at the expense of whom?
I'm going to say 3-2 Canucks, Daniel Sedin with the winner. Pics and live game experience upcoming!