I am watching the Hawks-Canucks game while writing this. 2-0 Hawks so far and I need a beer. I am pushing the panic button on the season yet, but the lock on the protective case has been unlocked. There are some glaring problems that can’t be ignored or talked away as anomalies.
1) Mason Raymond can’t score. A little pressure from the new contract perhaps. Maybe a little time on the top line could get him going.
2) Canucks defensemen do not shoot enough. Elder is 12th and Ehrhoff is 18thin shots taken. Ballard has 5 shots. Although I am sure Canucks d-men would lead the league is shots wide of the net.
3) Bieksa…..how many times a game do I say "Fuck Bieksa." 3 points this year….all in one game.
4) Samuelsson has been a ghost some nights.
5) I hope Burrows gets up to speed soon.
6) The power play has been good……the penalty kill is new and improved (although the team has only 1 sh goal)……the Canucks are in the bottom half of the league when it comes to 5 on 5 scoring.
If the Canucks had 4 Kesler’s (one for each line), the Canucks would have 4 more wins.