Well, the Canucks are back at home. After that mediocre game in Pittsburgh, they need a good game to get back on track. Tonight's opponent, the Chicago Blackhawks, would normally make this a very difficult game. However, they're not doing too well right now. Losing to the Flames 7-2 last night? Yeah, I'll just leave that recap to McClure of Second City Hockey. After playing horribly in Calgary last night, the Hawks come into Vancouver on the tail end of back-to-back games. The good news is that we won't have to hear any Chelsea Dagger. The bad news is that Coach Q most definitely gave them a scolding after last night's game, and they'll be ready to bounce back.
Links after the jump.
- Canucks.com preview of the game.
Last night's scores, and today's schedule. Our game on CBC will follow the Maple Leafs and Canadiens game.
- Conference standings. So much for our NW lead, the Avalanche are now tied with us and the Wild are just 1 point behind.
- A special feature on "King" Richard Brodeur and the 1982 Cup run. There's also lots of his highlights on the Canucks.com homepage right now.
- That Steven Stamkos kid, he's so hot right now.
- Speaking of being so hot, Nicklas Lidstrom still has his groove at 40.
- Tonight's schedule will mark a grand total of 50,000 games in the NHL's history. Unfortunately, looking back at statistics, the Canadiens had it best over this time.
- Down on the farms: The Moose beat the Rockford IceHogs 3-1 last night, with a 2-goal night from Jordan Schroeder. Meanwhile, Victoria edged the Ontario Reign 4-3.